Friday 17 July 2015

Calling All Kitties: How To Be A Cat Scout!

I got into a new adventure last night - I discovered Cat Scouts

I followed a link from the #ThankfulThursday Blog Hop, and next thing I knew I was talking to some very interesting cats indeed. They're very much like human Scouts, except way cooler, of course. They have a Cat Scout Law, and a Pawbook, and lots of Merit Badges you can win. They do a lot of service to the community, both on- and off-line, but in case that sounds too serious I can assure you they have plenty of fun, too, with pawties and adventures and trips to all sorts of pawesome places. There's a Sea Cat adventure happening tomorrow, for example, and a trip to the Grand Canyon due to take place shortly. Oh, and you can win badges for taking an interest in astronomy and botany and all kinds of fascinating things! 

You start off as a Tenderpaw, and after a while you do a test about your knowledge of the Cat Scout Law. If you pass you get to be a Bobcat, and that sounds exciting! The first Merit Badge is for Friendship, and it's easy to win - you just introduce yourself around the Campfire and tell everyone what kind of noms you most enjoy on an adventure. You get to wear a very snazzy uniform (I'm being fitted for mine shortly!), and I'm very proud to be one of the Worldwide Wildcats Troop and a member of the Wolverine Patrol. 

I'll report back in due course on how the Sea Cat adventure goes, but better yet, why not come and check it out yourself? I'm sure that you'll enjoy it!

7 comments:

  1. We love the way you are so enthusiastic about everything. You'll be a great Cat Scout and have lots of adventures with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Am so much looking forward to it :-)

      Delete
  2. I am a member of Cat Scouts, although not a very active member because my human just can't handle all the work I have her do. Sigh. I really enjoyed it, and it was hard to make a decision between Cat Scouts and Nipclub activities. Something had to go M said. It's a fun organization too and a very caring one - they are anipals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a member of Cat Scouts, although not a very active member because my human just can't handle all the work I have her do. Sigh. I really enjoyed it, and it was hard to make a decision between Cat Scouts and Nipclub activities. Something had to go M said. It's a fun organization too and a very caring one - they are anipals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Cat Scouts!!!!

    *salutes*
    Scout Raz and Scout Allie and The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun at your first Cat Scout adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cat Scouts is lots of fun, they are such a nice group of kitties. My Sammy loves it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...