Saturday 4 July 2015

Happy Independence Day!

"Sweet land of Liberty":
Happy Birthday, USA!
Happy July 4 to all my pals in the USA, and to all those everywhere who believe in the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness! It's only humans who need to have these rights spelled out for them, of course - all kitties know instinctively they are our birthright and it's the duty of our humans to do all that's necessary to uphold them. A few of my furriends like the idea of changing those stirring words to life, liberty and the pursuit of mousies, but personally I prefer the original 'cos in my view it includes the concept of pursuing treats, red dots, cuddles and nip toys, too. 

"The flag of the brave and the free:
Three cheers for the red, white and blue!"
The day began here with fireworks, all right - we had yet another succession of spectacular lightning flashes and some very noisy thunderstorms, which woke us up in the middle of the night! I took my pal @DylCat1's advice and snuggled Mom in case she might get scared, but after the loudest thunder-boomer I felt obliged to jump out of bed and meow loudly at it to frighten it away. For some reason Mom did not seem to appreciate this, and muttered something about there being quite enough racket going on without all that meowing, which I thought was thoroughly ungrateful of her. Fortunately she was a little better-tempered later in the day, and despite having never yet set foot in the USA she's intending to celebrate in style. I'm sure Zac Brown would be delighted to hear we're having Chicken Fried for dinner, along with herb potatoes, fried tomatoes... and Green Onions. Seriously. Mom's going to make a salad with yellow, green and red peppers, lettuce, cucumber and chopped spring onions. She's also apparently planning a red, white and blue dessert, with strawberries, blueberries and cream. She always leaves some cream in the pot for me, so the menu has my full approval. I'm standing by to quality-check the chicken for her, and judging by the delicious smell coming from the kitchen I think I could be needed very shortly. Wonder if I can persuade her to put some nip leaves in the salad... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...